Arkansas 2023 Annual Wellness Incentive Year-End Provider Incentive
Earn an Incentive for Completing Annual Physical and/or Annual Wellness Visits
To ensure our Medicare Advantage members receive important medical services by the end of 2023, Wellcare by Allwell is offering a $200 incentive to providers who perform and appropriately document an annual wellness visit and/or annual physical for our Medicare members.
What is the difference between an annual wellness visit and an annual physical?
The goal of an annual wellness visit is to develop or update a personal prevention plan based on the member’s current health and risk factors. An annual physical involves an examination of the heart, lungs, abdominal, and neurological systems, as well as a hands-on examination of the body (such as head, neck, and extremities). It also includes a detailed medical/family history in addition to services included in the annual wellness visit.
Here is what you need to know:
When does the incentive period begin?
This incentive is effective October 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
What codes should I bill and in what frequency?
- G0402, G0438, G0439, G0468 — Annual wellness visit once per calendar year/member
- 99835-99387; 99395-99397 — Annual physical once per calendar year/member
- Z00.00 — Encounter for general adult medical examination without abnormal findings
- Z00.01 — Encounter for general adult medical examination with abnormal findings
When will I receive the payment for this incentive?
The incentive will be paid monthly upon receipt of the claim with the appropriate codes.
What are the benefits of these services?
- These services are both available at no cost to our members and are good opportunities to make sure your patients are up to date on services they may need.
- They help the member get important preventive care before the end of the year.
- They close any care gaps to support your Star Rating.
- They increase P4Q earning potential.
- These exams can improve quality scores on the Health Outcomes Survey (HOS) and the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS).
Will this incentive replace the P4Q or Continuity of Care (CoC) programs? This incentive is in addition to the P4Q and Continuity of Care (CoC) programs.
Schedule your patient’s annual physical and/or annual wellness exam today!
Questions? Contact our Provider Services team at 1-855-565-9518 (TTY: 711) or visit us online at Wellcare.ARHealthWellness.com.